Project Overview and Role:
The emergence of the COVID-19 global pandemic has posed new challenges to already strained health systems worldwide. With USAID’s support, the HP+ project is undertaking efforts in Honduras and other countries to help governments and stakeholders respond more efficiently and effectively to COVID-19. In Honduras, HP+ is seeking a dedicated, seasoned consultant to work as part of an international team to help manage, document, and advance capacity strengthening activities related to the COVID-19 response.
In collaboration with Ministry of Health (MoH), local partners and HP+ Activity, the consultant will undertake the following activities to strengthen case management in Honduras in relation to COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Coordinate clinical training for Intensive Care Units/Critical Care Units (ICU/CCU) staff and other hospital health workers.
- Support curriculum development and training on ventilator use and other ICU/CCU tasks.
- Develop a training plan for hospital staff on priority topics.
- Provide mentorship and coaching support to clinical staff working for COVID 19 assigned hospitals.
- In collaboration with international consultants conduct trainings on invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Support assessment of ICUs/CCUs and ensure timely completion of the assessment.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with MOH and related government entities as well as international and local partners.
- Work closely with HQ HP+ management and technical staff to enhance implementation of country activities.
- Identify areas of upcoming need and work with team to pivot accordingly. Facilitate quick problem-solving with any bottlenecks that might emerge.
Required Qualifications: <>