Project Overview and Role:
The emergence of the COVID-19 global pandemic has posed new challenges to already strained health systems worldwide. With USAID’s support, the HP+ project is undertaking efforts in Honduras and other countries to help governments and stakeholders respond more efficiently and effectively to COVID-19. In Honduras, HP+ is seeking a dedicated, seasoned consultant to work as part of an international team to help manage, document, and advance capacity strengthening activities related to the COVID-19 response.
In collaboration with Ministry of Health (MoH), local partners and HP+ Activity, the consultant will undertake the following activities to strengthen case management in Honduras in relation to COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Coordinate clinical training for Intensive Care Units/Critical Care Units (ICU/CCU) staff and other hospital health workers.
- Support curriculum development and training on ventilator use and other ICU/CCU tasks.
- Develop a training plan for hospital staff on priority topics.
- Provide mentorship and coaching support to clinical staff working for COVID 19 assigned hospitals.
- In collaboration with international consultants conduct trainings on invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Support assessment of ICUs/CCUs and ensure timely completion of the assessment.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with MOH and related government entities as well as international and local partners.
- Work closely with HQ HP+ management and technical staff to enhance implementation of country activities.
- Identify areas of upcoming need and work with team to pivot accordingly. Facilitate quick problem-solving with any bottlenecks that might emerge.
Required Qualifications: <>
About the OrganizationPalladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
• International Development
• Strategy Execution Consulting
• Impact Investment
• Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.