Coconut Rhinoceroses Beetle Response Coordinator
- Exciting opportunity in Honiara – locally engaged position
- Full time until 31 October 2018, with the potential for extension.
- Remuneration will be dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and level of experience.
AECOM is the managing contractor of the Pacific Horticultural and Agricultural Market Access Program (PHAMA) – an Australian Government funded aid program promoting primary industry exports from six Pacific countries (Fiji, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Vanuatu). For details on the PHAMA program please visit www.phama.com.au
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified personnel for the role of Coconut Rhinoceroses Beetle (CRB) Response Coordinator. The CRB Response Coordinator will work within the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock and report to the Director of Biosecurity Solomon Islands (BSI). They will work with BSI and other stakeholders as a primary contact and focal point for the management of the Solomon Islands CRB response. The CRB Response Coordinator will facilitate the operation of a public-private CRB Task Force and take a leading role in coordinating and communicating management activities among stakeholders. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator with knowledge of Solomon Islands agricultural sectors and an understanding of biosecurity and plant protection measures and the associated policy environment in Solomon Islands and elsewhere in the Pacific.
- For further information, a full Terms of Reference and to apply, Click the ‘Apply Now’ button at top
- Applications should include a CV and covering letter.
- Enquiries can be sent to Stephanie Symon (PHAMA Operations Manager) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For details of program activities and reports, please visit the program website at www.phama.com.au
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Sunday 3 June 2018 – Midnight Honiara Time
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection. We encourage women and men to apply.
Managed by AECOM and funded by the Australian Government.
About the Organization
AECOM International Development (formerly URS) is a leading program delivery partner of choice for international aid and development programs globally. We implement civil society, democratic governance and government strengthening activities across Asia-Pacific. We build integrated and practical development solutions through partnering with local communities, civil society organisations, governments and the private sector.