Fintrac, a leading US-based agriculture consulting firm with multi-year programs in Africa, Asia and Central America, is seeking a Coffee Warehouse/Logistics Expert for an upcoming short-term assignment (30-45 days) in Ethiopia in September and October 2018 (dates TBD).
The Coffee Warehouse/Logistics Expert will provide analytical support, strategy development, and operational/logistical advice in Ethiopia.
The primary responsibilities of the Coffee Warehouse/Logistics Expert are to:
- Conduct literature review on international best practice in coffee logistics, including grading, testing, and warehousing.
- Analyze the existing literature including legal, regulatory, and institutional environment in Ethiopia to identify limitations, and gaps in warehouse logistics.
- Conduct site visits to selected warehouses to identify logistical bottlenecks and areas for improvement including loading/unloading, warehouse spacing, automation, spillage, quality control, and inventory management.
- Interview demand-side and supply-side stakeholders through structured surveys and/or focus groups to garner feedback on experiences, perceptions, areas of concern, etc.
- Interview key stakeholders to map logistical processes, identify gaps, and bottlenecks in operational process and opportunities for efficiency improvements and approaches to respond to global commercial demand.
The minimum qualifications for the Coffee Warehouse/Logistics Expert are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business, Economics, or a related field required. (Master’s degree preferred.)
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant experience, ideally with direct experience in the commercial coffee sector.
- Practical experience with coffee logistics including quality grading, testing, and warehouse management.
- Practical knowledge of the global coffee industry required.
- Experience in providing strategic advice to agribusinesses, particularly in the commercial coffee sector, ideally related to warehousing and logistics.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communications.
- Ability to travel to remote locations.
- Experience working in Ethiopia a plus.
- English fluency required. Local language skills a plus.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter by July 20th, 2018. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Fintrac, a woman owned and US-based consulting company, develops agricultural solutions to end hunger and poverty. For 25 years, we have worked with local and global partners to increase production, improve postharvest handling, add value, and develop markets and competitive value chains for the world’s most vulnerable farmers and communities.
At Fintrac, our employees are our greatest asset. We are always looking for talented, innovative individuals to join our global team and help us achieve our mission of alleviating poverty through agriculture. We offer competitive pay, outstanding benefits, a great work environment, and professional growth opportunities.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer.