*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Lead, Zimbabwe, you will work closely with all staff, including the Food Security Technical Coordinator, Community Visioning Lead, and M&E Lead, to ensure collaboration and learning with other activities in the applicant’s selected implementation area. You will ensure the activity includes active, intentional and adaptive learning within and across interventions, and will play a critical role in incorporating refinement activities and learning into implementation. This includes but is not limited to U.S. Government, host country government, international donors, multilateral organizations, and private sector investments. Additionally, you will improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, and evidence and data utilization in support of adaptive management both within and beyond initial refinement. You will also be expected to ensure appropriate and continued coordination and joint-planning with other USAID and other donor activities (specifically the USAID food security and resilience portfolio), host-government initiatives, and private sector engagement.
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) plus a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience or a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating learning and knowledge sharing processes, in establishing and managing dynamic feedback systems to capture experiential learning and unintended consequences, and fostering collaboration across teams or organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in the livelihoods sector, with direct experience of working on issues of food security and nutrition.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program preferably USAID Office or Food for Peace (FFP) policies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Office-based with mandatory and frequent travels to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 17 JAN 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.