CARE seeks a Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation Lead for an anticipated for an anticipated $55 USAID/Food for Peace (USAID/FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). anticipated $55M USAID/Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity seeks to achieve sustainable food security with desired high-level objectives of poverty reduction and adaptive and absorptive capacity improved. This program will cover Manicaland and Masvingo.
International relocation and allowances may be available for this position. Zimbabwean candidates are also encouraged to apply.
This position is anticipated to be based in Masvingo or Mutare, Zimbabwe.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
- Partner closely with all staff, including the Food Security Technical Coordinator, Community Visioning Lead, and Monitoring & Evaluation Lead, to ensure collaboration and learning synergies with other activities in the applicant’s selected implementation area.
- Ensure the DFSA’s activity includes active, intentional and adaptive learning within and across its multi-sectoral interventions, serving as an integral participant in incorporating all Refine and Implement (‘Refinement’) activities into implementation This includes but is not limited to USG, host country government, international donors, multilateral organizations and private sector investments.
- Improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, and evidence and data utilization in support of adaptive management both within and beyond initial refinement.
- Ensure appropriate and continued coordination and joint planning with other USAID and donor activities (specifically the USAID food security and resilience portfolio), host government initiatives, and private sector engagement. (Given the significant number of humanitarian and development activities planned and ongoing in the intended activity area, USAID expects significant time and expertise to be dedication to the coordination of activities.)
- Engage project stakeholders in gathering information and lessons emerging from program implementation and ensuring quality communications to external stakeholders.
- Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field plus a minimum of three years of work experience or a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational and peer-to-peer learning, capacity strengthening, and collaborative learning and adaptation.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating learning and knowledge sharing processes, in establishing and managing dynamic feedback systems to capture experiential learning and unintended consequences, and fostering collaboration across teams or organizations is required.
- Experience working on a USAID-funded program or bi-lateral donor agency projects, is an advantage but not a requirement. Experience working with food security programs and/or other development or humanitarian programs is an advantage. Experience working is low-resource settings is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships and productive working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity, as evidenced in previous management positions and programming.
- Ability to translate complex and complicated ideas into easily accessible and understandable concepts and/or messages
- Excellent, high-level, demonstrated written and oral communications skills in English is required.
- Ability to travel to program areas as may be required and as the security situation allows.
About the OrganizationCARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of HIV, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.