CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the upcoming FY 2018 Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity will work at the individual, household, and systems levels to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations.
The Commodity Manager will lead and manage commodity management activities including planning, importation, warehousing, distribution, and monitoring and reporting of commodity management activities. The Commodity Manager will be responsible for overseeing commodity management and distribution processes, ensuring that US Government commodity management policies, rules, and regulations are followed.
- 5+ years of experience in commodity management programming; experience implementing USAID Title II food distribution programs preferred;
- Knowledge and familiarity with USAID regulations 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 211 preferred;
- Experience supervision and training staff in commodity management programming
- International donor experience required, USAID program experience, particularly with Food for Peace funding, preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics management, agriculture, international development, or other relevant area is required; Master’s Degree preferred;
- Strong French and English ability is required, understanding of local languages is preferred.
About the Organization
Founded in 1985, CNFA manages a portfolio of nearly $300 million in 18 countries. CNFA applies market-system approaches that engage local stakeholders to strengthen value chains and increase incomes, competitiveness, and employment for smallholder farmers and agribusinesses. CNFA programs strengthen the organizational and technical capacity of agribusinesses, cooperatives, and associations (including women’s and youth groups) to support farmers and promote the uptake of improved technologies and techniques to enhance productivity and natural resource management. We improve business and management practices of farmers and agribusiness and increase their access to affordable financial services. We also facilitate strong business linkages between smallholders and suppliers of quality inputs, service providers, buyers, and profitable markets.