Project title: EU-South Africa strategic economic partnership
The overall objective of the Support to the EU – South Africa Strategic Economic Partnership (SESASEP) is to enable the EU to deliver on the economic/trade/investment dimension of its strategic partnership with South Africa by maximising bilateral trade and investment flows.
Specific objectives include:
- Achieving successful negotiations, conclusion and/or implementation of multilateral and bilateral agreements (SADC - EU EPA in particular), notably when it comes to economic and trade aspects;
- Consolidating the ability and capacity of the EU and EU business to influence policy processes in South Africa and at regional level, through the appropriate identification and promotion of robust positions. Improve the ability of EU business to operate in South Africa while enhancing their contribution to socio-economic development of the country with the particular focus on skills and jobs;
- Developing high visibility of and contributing to the credibility of the actions of the EU in the framework of the economic/trade/investment dimension of its strategic partnership with South Africa.
The purpose of this contract is: To establish a Programme Management Unit composed of the Project Director and the Communication Expert for the provision of Technical assistance to enable the EU to better deliver on the economic, trade and investment dimension of its partnership with South Africa under the following three components: i) technical component; ii) advocacy component; and iii) visibility component.
The expected results of this project are as follows:
- Result 1: Advancement in the effective resolution of differences on key policy and trade-related issues;
- Result 2: Increased influence of EU including its Member States and EU business over policy processes in SA;
- Result 3: Enhanced visibility in South Africa of the value of its strategic partnership with the EU in its economic/trade/investment dimension.
Commencement date of the project: 15 August 2018
Duration of the assignment: 36 months
Description of work:
The Communication expert will be responsible for facilitating, guiding and overseeing the implementation of all communication-related aspects of the SESASEP project, especially under the Visibility Component. This will have to be done in close coordination and consultations with the EU Delegation to South Africa.
Qualification and skills:
- At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Media Studies or Journalism;
- Proven communication and project management skills;
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of post-graduate experience in information dissemination and communication in South Africa and the region, including design and drafting of the communication material.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in website development and management;
- At least 3 years of post-graduate experience in effective communication through the social media platforms and digital communication tools;
- At least 5 years of experience in organising and managing public events, including seminars and roundtables as well as larger public events with the high profile speakers and participants and exhibition spaces;
- Solid network of contacts in South Africa within government, business, civil society and media.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org