Job Title: Communications Advisor
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI seeks an experienced Communications Advisor candidate for the Integration, Collaboration, Monitoring, and Evaluation (ICME) Activity. This is a long-term three (3) year position with the potential for a fourth year and will be based out of Mexico for the implementation of technical support for monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, and learning services for USAID/Mexico.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the presentation of all activity data, research and learning to a diverse range of audiences.
- Review and edit all research products as well as communications products produced by the activity, ensuring that products are of publishable quality and tailored to the appropriate audiences.
- Provide guidance on dissemination methods for products to ensure that information reaches the appropriate audiences most effectively.
- Explore and develop means of effectively communicating complex information, whether generated by the activity or other partners, and making it easily understood.
- Direct and manage the activity in the absence of the Research Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills and demonstrated experience in communications and graphic design, preferably in international development.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience.
- Ability to manage day to day operations of the activity and familiarity with internal control functions.
- Experience with countering violent extremism or peace promotion preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in communications, graphic design, or analytical research.
- Familiarity with programming development assistance, preferably in the areas of crime and violence prevention, human rights, sustainable landscapes, peace promotion and/or monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including experience preparing high quality reports and presentations.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, public administration, political science, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.