ICF is seeking a Communications Advisor for an upcoming project for USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security. This 5-year project will support population-based surveys for monitoring in resilience and food security. The Communications Advisor will lead the development of effective and innovative communications activities for the project.
The ICF’s wider portfolio of food security and resilience activities include population-based household surveys and evaluations in Global Food Security Strategy target countries, resilience focus countries and BHA Development Food Security Activity countries. This is a full-time position based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Develop a communications plan for the project that targets multiple stakeholders including country stakeholders, implementing partners USAID/W, and USAID Missions.
- Build and strengthen systems of knowledge sharing among activity staff and partners;
- Design and develop templates and standard communications materials for presentations and visualizations of survey results and methods.
- contribute to capacity building of key stakeholders in communicating and demonstrating the use of data and analytical products
- 8+ years experience with the development of effective written and interactive data visualization communication products
- Experience developing communicating products focused on translating science and research to broad audiences
- Experience with the application of knowledge management tools and approaches
- Experience implementing communications activities for USAID projects
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID’s Communications Strategy
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English required; fluency and/or familiarity in a project-relevant language (including French/Spanish) greatly valued.
- Expertise in knowledge management platforms such as SharePoint
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally as necessary (approximately 25% time)
About the Organization
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf