Job Title/Grade: Communications Analyst/Lead Communications Analyst/Senior Lead Communications Analyst (7/8/9)
Reports to: Senior Director, Corporate Communications
This position can be based in DAI’s UK (London or Apsley) or USA (Bethesda) offices, with some additional flexibility for candidates with directly relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The Comms Analyst/Senior Comms Analyst/Senior Lead Communications Analyst is an integral part of DAI’s Communications team, which works to develop effective communications strategies and products, enhance DAI’s public profile, and support internal communications. This full-time professional position is particularly focused on supporting the external marketing, communications, and brand-building objectives of DAI’s Sustainable Business Group (SBG), which focuses on corporate customers of development services and the various areas where the corporate interests and development objectives intersect. The incumbent identifies, seizes, and plans opportunities to tell SBG’s story; and generates content to convey that story, embody the DAI brand, and support DAI and SBG initiatives
Roles and Responsibilities
Work with the Corporate Communications and SBG management teams to develop and execute an agreed communications plan to support short- and long-term communications and marketing objectives. Under the guidance of the supervisor, this will entail:
- Analyzing and leveraging market intelligence, along with knowledge of SBG service offerings, to help develop communications strategies that distinguish SBG as a leading provider among its competitors in the target market.
- Conceptualizing, drafting, and editing high-quality content (feature articles, news, social media items, project descriptions, good news bulletins, marketing fliers, personnel profiles, etc.) for DAI’s communications channels, including dai.com, industry outlets, social media, and DAI’s intranet.
- Ensuring consistency across all messaging and marketing materials.
- Helping keep dai.com current with SBG content.
- Enhancing DAI’s social media outreach with content tailored to SBG audiences.
- Populating the editorial calendar, mapping out strategically important events and opportunities for DAI/SBG communications.
Supporting SBG sales teams and representing DAI at select events, seminars, and conferences as needed.
Grade 7: Bachelor’s degree plus four years of work experience, or master’s degree plus two years of work experience.
Grade 8: Bachelor’s degree plus five years of work experience, or master’s degree plus three years of work experience.
Grade 9: Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of work experience, or master’s degree plus 5 years of work experience.
- Experience developing marketing and/or branding strategies.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to the team with ideas and energy.
- Self-starter, strategic thinker, and capable project manager.
- Proficient in social media.
- Good judgment and ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities on deadline.
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe.
Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) or other word processing, spreadsheet, or presentation software.
- Experience in journalism, corporate communications, public relations, or other communications-related field.
- Skills such as graphic design, web content management, video/photo editing and visual storytelling, infographics.
- Degree in related field (communications, journalism, media, PR, technical writing).
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility, social investment, supply chain issues, international development industry, and related matters desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development companywith corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.