It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid Sierra Leone is looking for an Advocacy and Communications Manager to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the WaterAid Sierra Leone Team, the Advocacy and Communications Manager will be responsible for;
- Leading on the communications and advocacy component of the Country Program strategy,
- Strengthening WA Liberia and Sierra Leone profile through all forms of media and electronic outlets and advocacy platforms and to improve the overall CP communications and advocacy plans for effective and impactful program delivery for targeted audiences in both countries,
- Supporting in developing and monitoring the implementation of the TB advocacy plans as designed in the Country Program Strategy,
- Reviewing existing WASH policies in the country context to ensure Governments are meeting their commitments.
To be successful, you’ll need to:
- Have a relevant academic and professional qualification,
- Have a proven experience working in a communication, campaigns, advocacy and media role, including content production,
- Be committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
Find the job description below for full details of the role.
We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your CV (in English) and motivation letter of 350 words maximum to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 July 2018.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Please note: in order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Sierra Leone.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
No recruitment agencies please.
About the Organization
WaterAid is on a mission to change normal for millions of people within a generation by getting clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to everyone, everywhere by 2030. Without all three, people can't live dignified, healthy lives. With all three, they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty, and change their lives for good. Children grow up healthy and strong, women and men get to earn a living, whole communities start to thrive. It sounds normal and it should be.
WaterAid is a place for people looking for inspiring, stimulating work and a real spirit of togetherness - people with a commitment to our vision, an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important of challenges.
We are looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, who have an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also have the chance to grow and space to be yourself at your best.