Working at Global Health Strategies means that you’re passionate about social and economic justice, and see these goals as inseparable from public health and global development.
You have ambitious, out-of-the-box ideas and know how to motivate a team while rolling up your sleeves and get the job done. You’re always seeking a better solution and the next opportunity to drive change. New challenges wake you up. You have cut your teeth in global development or communications, and you’re excited to take the next step in your career.
You believe in the power of human stories and evidence to change hearts and minds, and you’re at home in both worlds. You’re an excellent written communicator, and developing these skills in others excites you. You know that hard work and organization is behind every victory.
Everything is a learning opportunity. You surround yourself with diverse perspectives and people who inspire you to be better. You pay it forward by supporting others. Teams are more seamless, productive, enthusiastic and creative with you on them. For you, no job is too big, no task too small.
You want a job that’s not a 9-to-5 obligation, but a purpose-driven environment with good food and better people (and the occasional office-wide lip sync video). And we would be thrilled to have you.
About the Role
Our Senior Associates are outstanding project managers and editors. As leaders of small teams, they know how to get great results through others and run point on critical client interactions. Specific responsibilities include:
- Making complex concepts accessible and actionable to a wide audience by creating and polishing key messages, fact sheets, social media posts and creative digital materials
- Getting journalists excited about an issue or announcement by identifying the right media contacts, drafting compelling pitches and press releases and building relationships with reporters and major outlets
- Elevating the voice and expertise of high-level influencers by polishing opinion pieces at key moments, prepping them for interviews and drafting speeches and talking points for events
- Following and tracking trends in media coverage, key announcements, new evidence and high-level conversations that may impact priority global health challenges
- Identifying strategic moments and new champions to influence target stakeholders and amplify our clients’ strategic goals
- Getting partners on the same page through careful coordination, relationship management and message alignment
- Getting partners, influencers and decision-makers in the same place by owning major deliverables within high-level events, including identifying invitees and speakers, and developing agendas or presentations
- Building new coalitions of support for an issue with dedicated outreach, organization and relationship management
- Following and tracking trends in global health policies and funding opportunities
- Owning critical deliverables by developing a vision and strategy and quickly mobilizing teams to bring it to fruition
- Leading critical components of client calls and meetings
- Over-communicating with managers on progress and challenges, bringing solutions to problems before they arise
- Understanding background and nuance across global health and development to form compelling arguments and provide strategic counsel to clients
- Coaching staff members on writing, client-facing interactions, and time management skills
- Attending events and meetings with senior management on behalf of clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-6 years of work experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Exceptional writing ability
- Foreign language skills (French or Spanish, in particular)
- International work experience
- Communications, public relations or journalism experience
- Public health, global development or campaign experience
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience with Adobe Suite of creative tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) or Canva