Communications and Civic Engagement Leader,
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Communication and Civic Engagement Leader will lead and coordinate implementation of the SACCI program’s second and third objectives (Objective 2: Support/engagement in anti-corruption efforts increased; and Objective 3: Public tolerance of corrupt practices reduced). They will be responsible for ensuring that activities under both Objectives are implemented effectively and reach established targets on timely basis. The Communication and Civic Engagement Leader will also be responsible for developing high-quality programing and reporting documents, as well as analytical reports and any other deliverable related to the given objectives. They will closely coordinate with other project objectives and contributes to overall project success.
· Manage, coordinate and provide technical leadership of the Objective 2 and 3 technical teams including SACCI staff and local partners to ensure that all activities and deliverables are of high quality and on schedule
· Develop and maintain strong relationships and cooperation with relevant counterparts, beneficiaries and stakeholders and seek to engage them in the SACCI activities
· Organize and lead technical support to selected governmental institutions on the national (particularly the National Agency for Corruption Prevention, the Ministry of Digital Transformation, the National Civil Service Agency and others) and regional/municipal levels to implement programs for engaging citizens in anticorruption activities and to strengthen their communication capacity and implement affective communication strategies
· Oversee and provide technical leadership for project interventions engaging public (including youth and vulnerable populations), the mass media and CSOs in anticorruption activities such as public oversight, participation in decision making process, and corruption reporting among others
· Provide technical input to and oversights of the grants program and service procurements related to civic engagement and communication activities including development of the technical requirements, proposal evaluation, and technical oversight of the grantee and services provided
· Contribute to the development of high-quality project documents, deliverables and reports and timely and complete submission including the project annual work plan, periodic reports (weekly, quarterly, and annual) as well as special reports and deliverables such as project fact sheets, success stories, policy analysis, and any other documents upon request of the COP
· Contribute to conducting of the up-to-date on state-of-the-art research, developing best practices, and drafting annually a two-page summary of studies on anti-corruption reform relevant to SACCI
· Lead the implementation of the SACCI communication activities including with the use of the social media to increase outreach to stakeholders and access to program resources
· Ensure that data on achieved results and targets is regularly and accurately collected for SACCI Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan
· Contribute to the regular political economy assessments (PEA) to advice SACCI programming approach and support annual strategy reviews
· Participate in the SACCI Solutions Hub as a collaborative space for counterparts, experts and beneficiaries to analyze evidence and design and test innovative and actionable ideas
· Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity
· Provide technical support to short-term consultants missions in Ukraine
· Report to the DCOP and COP on major technical, managerial and financial issues related to the project and consult on making decisions related to program activities, contractors, local staff, USAID, other donor organizations, etc.
· Specialist or Master’s Degree in public administration, political science, communications, or other relevant areas
· Minimum five years of experience working with civic engagement, communications, and project management
· Familiarity with the Ukraine anti-corruption reform agenda
· Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization project is considered an asset
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines (time management, reporting, negotiations skills)
· Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter
· Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine
· Strong communications skills – both oral and written
· Fluency Ukrainian and proficiency in English is required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
*Deadline for applying for this position – July 31, 2020, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when applying for this position.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com