Job Title: Communications and Disability Program Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head of Programming
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Ethiopia (CRS) seeks an experienced communications professional to lead the implementation of country program communications plans to raise CRS’ profile and position in various priority areas. The Communications and Disability Program Specialist (CDPS) will work with key communications and program staff in the country program as well as PR consultants to ensure strong and consistent branding and messaging in-line with guidance and procedures from CRS’ regional and global headquarters offices to boost CRS’ visibility among target audiences, particularly the national government, donors, private sector companies, and peer agencies. The CDPS will liaise with and manage external consultants in photography, design, printing and event execution in support of the marketing plan and build CRS staff capacity in communications planning and implementation.
The CDPS will also serve as the disability advisor to help steer and guide various projects with disability inclusive activities and serve as an advisor to leadership on ways to make the CRS office environment more disability sensitive and inclusive. The position will not only support the CRS programming in Ethiopia but provide support to other EARO country programs and the agency as a whole.
Specific Responsibilities - Communications
* Marketing Plan Development
* Brand Management
* Marketing Materials
* Media Relations
* Events Management
* Training and Coaching
* Resource Mobilization
* Representation and Networking
Specific Responsibilities - Disability
* Business Development
* Program Quality
* Internal advocacy
Qualifications and Skills:
* Minimum Master’s Degree; Minimum of two years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required. Experience in INGOs or UN preferred.
* Demonstrated ability in project management, particularly the design and execution of marketing plans and/or communications events.
* Ability to work with stakeholders on multiple levels, including government agencies, non-governmental organizations, donors, media groups, and CRS staff.
* Fluency in English required; excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proven inter-personal skills and ability to influence through communication.
* Demonstrable track record of successfully disseminating information to a variety of target audiences.
* Understanding of major issues of international development and donor assistance.
* Flexibility to work both in a team and independently.
* Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
* Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required.
* Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Mature disposition, with the ability to manage sensitive situations appropriately.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.