Communications and Knowledge Management Expert
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The aim of the Regional Technical Assistance Facility is to contribute to an improved business enabling environment and investment climate, as well as to develop national and regional value chains and increased investments, innovation, trade and sustainable production and consumption patterns.
The facility will implement activities aimed to:
- promote and strengthen inclusive public-private dialogue through capacity building;strengthen structured political and policy dialogue;
- contribute to market-based approaches to private sector development;
- strengthen capacity of MSMEs and young innovative entrepreneurs;
- promote women entrepreneurship;
- generate knowledge, studies and communication;
- analyse national/regional and support the development of value chains; and strengthen the capacity of regional bodies and national administrations to design and implement legal, regulatory, administrative and institutional reforms that promote trade, economic stability, conducive business environments, and attract investment.
Palladium are currently seeking a Communications and Knowledge Management Expert, based in Brussels and will be responsible for matters related to Access knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation and communication. The role will entail management of technical assistance related to:
- Managing relevant technical studies (gender and other analyses, feasibility studies, impact assessments, evaluations, mappings and data collection) related to markets, value chains, investments, innovation and trade; and
- Strengthened knowledge creation and management;
- Communication and dissemination of Knowledge and Learning in the thematic areas covered by the BDIC Facility.
Required Qualifications: Qualifications and Skills Degree (preferably post-graduate degree / Masters) in Business, Economics, Communications, Development Studies, Research Methods, ICT or other field relevant to the assignment
Fluent English is a requirement (also possibly French as an asset?)
General Professional Experience Extensive general professional experience relevant to the sector (research management, knowledge management, and communication)
Specific Professional Experience Significant professional experience in research management / knowledge management in a development programme or economic development context;
Experience in the formulation and application of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning (MEARL) (or similar) systems and tools;
Experience in knowledge management and communication in the context of an EU TA project (particularly using capacity4dev) will be an asset;
Senior level (Key Expert, or similar) experience on donor / IFI projects will be an asset.