Job Title: Communications and Learning Specialist
Department/Location: Washington, DC, USA
Reports To: Chief of Party (COP)
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Exempt Level
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a full-time Communications and Learning Specialist for an anticipated two and half year USAID-funded Indo-Pacific Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (IP-MEL) project. Anticipated start date of the project is October 1, 2019.
The project will provide technical assistance in MEL services to the U.S. Government’s Indo-Pacific Vision. The project will perform tasks related to collecting and analyzing data analysis as well as dissemination of evidence about the Indo-Pacific activities with USAID. The audience for disseminating the information is to the U.S. Government Indo-Pacific Stakeholders. The Communications and Learning Specialist will create and/or oversee the creation of compelling and targeted communications materials, as well as identify and implement strategies to maximize the use of evidence and knowledge generated or aggregated by IP-MEL.
Note: This position is for a proposal and is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- On an ongoing basis, collect and curate information for inclusion in a digital library for MEL materials from Indo-Pacific initiatives.
- Identify compelling data and information related to Indo-Pacific initiatives, including packaging IP-MEL-generated analyses, for dissemination among IP-MEL stakeholders and develop products or mechanisms to present this information in a manner that maximizes learning.
- Lead the development of a monthly Indo-Pacific newsletter to highlight MEL information from across USAID’s Asia Bureau and Missions and on a monthly basis create content and manage its dissemination.
- In collaboration with USAID, organize an annual Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) event for stakeholders across the Indo-Pacific region.
- Provide technical expertise to support knowledge management and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) for Indo-Pacific activities.
- Contribute to the development of quarterly and annual reports to USAID, and other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in the Asia region desirable.
- Experience supporting MEL activities for USAID, preferably at the Mission level or above.
- Proficiency in at least one data visualization software platform, e.g. Tableau or Power BI.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing communications and learning strategies and products.
- Experience using platforms to create and disseminate high-quality and polished communications and learning products, e.g. Adobe InDesign, Mailchimp, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex issues using strong analytical skills and proactively anticipate work requirements.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s degree plus 6 years of relevant work experience in Communications or related field or Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of relevant work experience in Communications or related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 400 Vienna, VA 22182
Tel: 703-749-0100 Fax: 703-749-0110 E-Mail: HR@IBTCI.COM
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.