Communications and Outreach Manager
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
We are looking for a Communications and Outreach Manager to join our team in London on an upcoming bid for the Centre for Disaster Protection. The Centre for Disaster Protection (the Centre) is the UK’s flagship Disaster Risk Finance (DRF) technical assistance programme. It supports developing countries to strengthen their pre-disaster planning and financial arrangements so they can respond more rapidly and effectively when a disaster strikes, thereby reducing the impact on people and helping to safeguard economic development.
In this role you would be responsible for overseeing and managing all internal and external communications as well as the outreach action plan. In addition, you will be the main point of contact for the media regarding the Centre.
- Develop and implement a creative, innovative and state-of-the-art integrated communications strategy with targeted messages for both public and private stakeholders demonstrating results, success stories, outcomes, and learning from the Centre
- Responsible for the creation of strategies for advocacy, influencing and stakeholder engagement including with private sector, NGOs, multilaterals, developing countries, and donors
- Act as the focal point for all internal communications between the Leadership team
- Lead on all internal communications for grantee calls and the donor communications calls
- Coordinate events calendar and speaking engagements to raise the profile of the Centre and disseminate information
External Communications and Outreach
- Scale up and improve the Centre’s existing website, social media and online presence, ensuring continued compliance with DFID digital policy and practices
- Produce and support dissemination of Centre publications, including editorial support, copy-editing as needed, branding/formatting, arranging translation, printing and distribution as needed (5-10 publications expected per year)
- Lead social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn), soliciting inputs from team members and partners
- Work with the Centre Leadership team in driving and steering programme outreach activities. Define key actors to be engaged, specific messages to be utilised in targeting, channels to be used and activities to be conducted as part of outreach.
- Maintain relationships with relevant industry publications
Act as the main point of contact for the press and coach Centre staff during interviews
- Lead on the strategy and implementation of large-scale events, including sub-contracting of venues, facilitators and advisers as required
- Attend industry and relevant private-sector events (i.e., conferences, workshops, professional networks/communities of practice working groups, training events, and symposia) to share and promote the Centre’s work and successes, and to reinforce impactful in relevant technical areas
- Establish and implement standard operating procedures and mechanisms for collection and distribution of information and knowledge materials from project staff and stakeholders
- Dissemination of Learning and Key Knowledge Products
- Lead the development specific communications products to support the dissemination of learning and key knowledge products, including those from grantees
- Support the dissemination of learning and knowledge products through various media channels, professional events and platforms
- Substantial experience of designing communication and outreach strategies, preferable on large, complex programmes
- Experience in writing and content for a range of stakeholder groups, including but not limited to social media channels, website, external publications, articles, newsletters, project reports, photos, infographics, social media messaging
- Engagement with private sector, social enterprises, not-for-profits, start-ups, accelerators and / or incubators in developing countries
- Good understanding of donor funded programmes and strong affinity with international development
- Previous work in the private sector would be advantageous
- Experience in event management would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with limited guidance
- A positive, flexible attitude to work including the ability to multi-task and work in a team environment