Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Communications and Outreach Specialist candidates for the USAID-funded Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO) program. CCBO is USAID’s flagship program to respond to the global crisis of marine plastic pollution, designed to target marine plastics pollution directly at its source in cities and towns, specifically in rapidly urbanizing areas throughout many low- and middle-income countries. While our staff are currently working remotely, this position will be based in Rosslyn, Virginia and candidates will be expected to report there once in-person operations resume.
Working under the direction of CCBO’s Communications Director, the Communications and Outreach Specialist: manages all internal and external communications initiatives to ensure effective communication of program progress, successes and learnings to USAID clients, program partners and external target audiences; manages and develops program communications materials and products; and produces other program communications as outputs of CCBO’s program achievements. The primary objectives of the role are to promote the progress, successes and learnings of CCBO to further program objectives; develop communications strategies and products to sustain CCBO’s innovations and investments; and document program progress per USAID contract deliverable requirements, i.e., Quarterly, Annual, and End of Project Reports.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
* Minimum of 4 years’ experience developing and implementing communications strategies for international development, non-governmental organization, or private sector programs/clients.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to be self-directed and work well independently and as part of a team
* Strong writing skills are essential, with an eye towards detail/editing as the lead communicator of a multi-lingual team.
* Creative content-developer, with ability and passion for crafting compelling and newsworthy stories.
* Graphic design and/or video editing skills are preferred, but not required.
* Spanish language skills preferred
* U.S. citizenship or a valid, current U.S. work permit is required
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.