Position: COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTING Advisor
Nationality: American National (AN) / Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan (with possibility of being based in Dubai, the United States, or other location approved by client)
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTING Advisor position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: DCOT-A
Duties: The Advisor, Communications and Reporting shall:
- Collect information and compile project reports, deliverables and success stories in line with INL and Tetra Tech quality standards
- Compile any other requested content related to JSSP implementation for publication
- Review and edit all deliverables, reports and presentations prepared for external distribution to ensure accuracy of content, formatting and grammar
- Facilitate the presentation and communication of program activities and impact for external audiences
- Develop and implement the JSSP communication strategy designed to meet the needs of INL/AP, INL/Kabul, and other stakeholders
- Plan and design strategies for internal and external communication, to include outreach activities as directed and approved by INL
- Socialize and mentor JSSP colleagues on the communication strategy
- Advise and support M&E team with drafting analytical reports and performance reports to prepare for external dissemination and outreach
- Maintain and update internal and external contact list for report distribution and communication
- Work with the Transition, Sustainability, and Knowledge Management Advisor to ensure all relevant information, reports, handbooks, lessons-learned, etc. are archived and packaged in a usable format for eventual hand-over to counterpart institutions
- Rapidly respond to requests for information from INL/K, INL/AP and Tetra Tech, and draft documents if necessary, both facilitating collection and preparation of information from relevant JSSP staff in appropriate formats
- Conduct meetings to further overall JSSP programmatic delivery at both the U.S. Embassy/INL-Kabul and GIRoA ministries and departments as permitted by security protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or relevant field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Five years’ overall relevant professional experience
- Superior communication skills including writing and public speaking
- Demonstrated experience developing communications strategies, graphic design experience preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan, including possibly living in tents, dry hooches, etc.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.