International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development, and poverty reduction. IDG is the prime contractor on the three-year USAID Financial Sector Transparency Activity (FSTA), based in Chisinau, Moldova. IDG is seeking to recruit a Communications Officer to join the project full-time to develop and implement communications plans for the FSTA project and produce success stories, new releases, and selected donor reports. The Communications Associate will also provide support to public events and facilitate virtual events on digital platforms.
· Work closely with the FSTA team to develop and implement communications plans and strategies
· Advise and counsel the FSTA team on communications strategy and public relations techniques for the better dissemination of project information and highlights
· Coordinate with the FSTA team to produce success stories, lessons learned, news releases, progress towards key indicators, and selected donor reports
· Provide support to public events and workshops including liaising with the Mission and technical offices, producing posters and signs, preparing visual presentations, organizing event photos and videos, facilitating contact with the media, etc.
· Support and facilitate virtual events on digital platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
· Provide photo coverage of FSTA events and activities as needed
· Maintain project library of all communications tools, photos, videos, and events in a digital format
· Conduct interviews with project staff and/or beneficiaries and counterparts as needed
· Degree (minimum of a BA degree required) in communications, public relations, international development, or another related sector.
· A minimum of five (5) years of experience in roles focused on communications, with significant experience working in international development, preferably on USAID projects.
· Understanding and experience with USAID projects, regulations, and compliance requirements is desirable.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
· Fluency in English required.
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and CV in English, not later than 4th of October 2020, until 17:00, to the email: email@example.com. Only applications submitted within the deadline will be considered.