Job DescriptionCommunications & Civic Engagement Specialist, Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five (5)-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance of corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position.**
MSI is seeking a full-time communications & civic engagement specialist to support the SACCI program in Ukraine. S/he will be responsible for working with youth, civil society organizations (CSOs) (including gender and vulnerable groups), civic activists, professional associations, mass media, and private sector to promote communication and engagement of different target audiences in anti-corruption activities and building and maintaining networks. The specialist will also ensure engagement of youth groups and activists, civil society organizations (CSOs), and media into SACCI’s extra-curricular civic education activities and anti-corruption events and initiatives.
This is a full-time position located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and cooperation with relevant counterparts, beneficiaries and stakeholders and seek to engage them in the SACCI activities.
- Build and support network of youth groups that are interested in anti-corruption or related topics.
- Develop a two-way communication between the members of network including through social media, newsletters and other innovative initiatives. Contribute to the development of the relevant content for social networks (Facebook, YouTube, etc.), especially related to the youth and civic engagement initiatives.
- Support networking and collaboration among constituency-based non-governmental actors (CSOs, activists, professional associations etc.) that work in the anti-corruption related areas.
- Collaborate with SACCI communication team to engage mass media in reaching out to public and target groups (with a special emphasis on youth) to build their awareness of corruption impact and anti-corruption reforms, and engage groups to take proactive position against corruption.
- Contribute to assessing of the current situation of youth’s awareness of anti-corruption activities in Ukraine.
- Contribute to development and supervision of SACCI’s anti-corruption initiatives for youth groups and other CSOs.
- Contribute to the design of the SACCI grants program to CSOs, participate in the selection and work-planning process and provide technical oversight and quality assurance of the projects implemented by grantees.
- Contribute to building, through training and mentoring, capacity and skills of the constituency-based governmental actors to engage citizens and target groups in anti-corruption activities.
- Assist with organizing SACCI public events, such as workshops, round tables, training, etc.
- Perform other tasks as envisaged by the annual work plan of the program.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality project documents and deliverables, as well as analytical research.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
- Higher degree, preferably in communications, public administration, political science, or other relevant areas.
- Knowledge and experience working on issues related to communications and community engagement (experience in working with youth will be an advantage). Familiarity with the Ukraine anti-corruption reform agenda.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with communications, project management, CSOs, event management.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization project is considered an asset.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter.
- Ability and wiliness to travel within Ukraine.
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – April 20, 2018*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.