- Based in Suva, Fiji with possible travel within Fiji and Tuvalu
- Full time, 12-month contract
The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to support and implement Australian Government assistance in sectors including education, health, CSO engagement, emergency preparedness and response and Australia Awards programs in Fiji. The Facility also supports the Australia Awards and education programs in Tuvalu.
The Communications Coordinator provides support across the Facility for the design, production and dissemination of all promotional and communication materials, including producing engaging content for digital media, and contributes to the planning and delivery of public diplomacy events. The Communications Coordinator works in a small communications team within the Facility Management Support Unit (FMSU) and with staff across the Facility’s programs. The Communications Coordinator also works closely with the DFAT Facility Program Teams and DFAT Communications staff to develop communication products and support public diplomacy and related events. Key responsibilities include:
Support the Facility team in the development, implementation and ongoing review of the communications strategy for the Facility; Develop and design promotional, communication and reporting materials to inform key stakeholders and the general public about the Facility and its sectoral programs in accordance with individual program, Australia Awards, DFAT and Coffey guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with DFAT’s Media and Communications team in Fiji, working together on communications products and keeping them informed of all public affairs and visibility opportunities for the Facility and programs in a timely manner and seek clearance from both DFAT and Coffey for all relevant materials.
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to incorporate monitoring, evaluation and learning into all promotional and communications activities and to assist with preparing reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare graphic materials and diagrams for Facility documents such as reports, manuals, plans and procedures for both internal and external purposes.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and activities for the position’s scope of work and the Communications team, and more broadly across the Facility when appropriate. Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will have degree level qualifications in Journalism, Communications or a related field,and will have demonstrated experience providing communications support to a large program or organisation with competing demands. They will have demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with government officials and a range of stakeholders. Previous experience with donor funded programs or international organisations is desirable.
Fiji nationals only are asked to apply for this position.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers, click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the job reference number 497599.
For further enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) Wednesday 30 January 2019.
This Facility is being administered by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
About the Organization
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.