SI is seeking a Communications Coordinator to work with USAID’s Bureau for Food Security Service Center to support USAID’s Office of Strategic Planning and Performance Management. This position is a 3-month, consultancy based in Washington DC. The consultant will serve as BFS’ Correspondence Control Contact (CCC) with the Executive Secretariat (ES) and manage high level correspondence on behalf of the bureau, including but not limited to, briefing documents, Congressional inquiries, cables and scheduling proposals.
- Serve as the Bureau-wide subject matter expert on technical communications and policies and procedures related to them, including through the provision of guidelines on adapting highly technical agricultural information products.
- Ensure that written documentation for all technical and non-technical agricultural products, are in is in compliance with USAID rules, regulations, and standards.
- Coordinate with various U.S. Government correspondence groups, including points of contact in other USAID bureaus, USAID missions, and other Feed the Future U.S. Government agencies.
- Develop a variety of materials related to agriculture, food security and nutrition, including strategies and reports, memos, agricultural briefing materials, waivers, project authorization documents, cables.
- Provide quality assurance and subject matter expertise to ensure all food security, resilience, and agricultural development issues are accurately and succinctly reflected in relevant products.
- In coordination with other agricultural technical staff, develop and finalize products to ensure that materials support Feed the Future, BFS, and USAID objectives. Establish a system to manage all Bureau for Food Security Technical Communications and Correspondence services.
- Four-year degree, preferably in Agriculture, English, Communications, Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, Economics, International Relations, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Minimum one to three years of communications, public relations, agriculture and/or project management experience.
- Prior experience taking complex technical information and re-working it into content accessible to a general audience and strong editorial judgment.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, writing, and editing skills with sharp attention to detail. Experience in project management skills and a high level of flexibility and adaptability to changing needs and timelines.
About the Organization
The USAID Food Security Service Center (FSSC) is a five-year project managed by Social Impact. It was launched in October 2013 with the overarching goal of supporting USAID’s Bureau for Food Security (BFS) in providing a broad range of integrated and knowledge-driven technical services to FTF Missions, USAID/Washington, other USG operating units, and host country counterparts. Specific services include: state-of-the-art food security support services with a focus on program and project design and management, expert analyses, capacity building; and bridging support and/or developing small scale pilots.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.