Communications Expert (short-term, secondment position)
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a US-based international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com .
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Project in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
MSI is seeking a short-term Communications Expert who will be seconded to work in and for the State Agency for Electronic Governance (hereinafter referred to as SAEG) on issues of anti-corruption communications for electronic services. The core role of the expert will be to provide information- and communications support to SAEG in designing and implementing anti-corruption communications initiatives and highlight cooperation between SAEG and the Project.
It is expected that the work of the expert shall commence in September 2018, and will last until end of February 2019. The maximum level of effort is set at 130 working days. Embeddedness of the expert means that he or she will be permanently located with SAEG (working on-site) and will participate in SACCI-initiated meetings and events upon notification.
In cooperation and under the supervision of the SACCI team, and at the request of SAEG, the Expert is expected to:
- Develop an outreach strategy to increase positive perception and to drive visibility and media coverage for SAEG anti-corruption priorities and initiatives;
- Measurably drive awareness and understanding of key SAEG messages and understanding among target audiences;
- Maintain and enhance relationships with key members of media, including but not limited to reporters, editors, producers, bloggers, and other influencers;
- Identify and foster media relationships to pitch stories and to arrange interviews with e-government experts on how digitization and openness of information drive the agenda for more transparency, integrity and accountability of governance;
- Build a calendar of media opportunities and outreach;
- Coordinate with the SAEG marketing team to produce integrated outreach plans across multiple channels, including earned media, owned media, social media and paid media for efficient fight with corruption;
- Collaborate in strategic planning to create focused and effective media campaigns;
- Proactively monitor daily media and social media coverage to find real stories of how e-services help to fight with corruption and use it in further communication as USP for all TA;
- Track, distribute and assess results of media coverage utilizing media research;
- Support SAEG team in executing all external communications including press releases, speeches, fact sheets and talking points;
- Create, plan and implement press conferences, special events and community programs supporting SAEG anti-corruption programs, initiatives and other initiatives;
Application submission deadline is August 24, 2018, Friday by 18:00 PM Kyiv time.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Communication, Public Affairs, Journalism or related field;
- Significant experience in corporate communications, public relations and/or print or broadcast journalism;
- Organizational skills and time management required;
- Ability to travel and work outside of normal business hours;
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel;
- Ability to form productive relationships within all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in areas of advocacy, media relations and /or public affairs;
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills;
- Necessary competencies include: collaboration and teamwork, initiative and accountability;
- Experience in community outreach/event planning is desired but not required;