Job Title: Communications Advisor
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI seeks an experienced Communications Advisor candidate for the Integration, Collaboration, Monitoring, and Evaluation (ICME) Activity. This is a long-term three (3) year position with the potential for a fourth year and will be based out of Mexico for the implementation of technical support for monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, and learning services for USAID/Mexico.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the presentation of all activity data, research and learning to a diverse range of audiences.
- Review and edit all research products as well as communications products produced by the activity, ensuring that products are of publishable quality and tailored to the appropriate audiences.
- Provide guidance on dissemination methods for products to ensure that information reaches the appropriate audiences most effectively.
- Explore and develop means of effectively communicating complex information, whether generated by the activity or other partners, and making it easily understood.
- Direct and manage the activity in the absence of the Research Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills and demonstrated experience in communications and graphic design, preferably in international development.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience.
- Ability to manage day to day operations of the activity and familiarity with internal control functions.
- Experience with countering violent extremism or peace promotion preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in communications, graphic design, or analytical research.
- Familiarity with programming development assistance, preferably in the areas of crime and violence prevention, human rights, sustainable landscapes, peace promotion and/or monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including experience preparing high quality reports and presentations.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, public administration, political science, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.