Chemonics seeks a Communications and Knowledge Manager to support the Global Health Supply Chain-Technical Assistance IDIQ, Francophone Task Order (USAID GHSC-TA, Francophone TO). The USAID GHSC-TA, Francophone TO will provide technical assistance for strengthening regional, national and sub-national health supply systems in the DRC, Senegal, Benin, and Haiti and will support the USAID/West Africa (USAID/WA) Regional Mission in Accra, Ghana, and will collaborate with other United States Government agencies, country governments, and non-governmental organizations to improve the long-term availability of health commodities. Additionally, the TO will develop a plan to improve preparedness to provide commodities needed to manage disease outbreaks with pandemic potential in select GHSC countries.
The Communications and Knowledge Manager reports directly to the USAID GHSC-TA. Francophone TO Director and works closely with project leadership and staff to support the project’s external communication and collaboration goals. A strong writer with sound judgment, the Communications and Knowledge Manager leads the project’s initiatives under the mentorship and oversight of the TO Director, understands and promotes the project’s goals, writes high-quality content for the project and external outlets, and disseminates updates across field office teams and the consortium. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world!
- Lead communication and outreach initiatives and planning under the mentorship of the Task Order Director, working closely with project management and field office staff
- Develop strong understanding of the task order’s goals and strategies, and ensure they are integrated into communications and outreach activities
- Identify, research, and write useful and engaging content for target audiences on Chemonics’ and external outlets, including Chemonics Intranet, social media, and industry or mainstream news outlets
- Interview project staff and senior technical experts for the purpose of creating content for external audiences
- Provide timely communications expertise to project staff based both in the field and at the Home Office
- Regularly schedule online conference calls to disseminate pertinent project information and share lessons learned
- Design and compile monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Disseminate updates across field office teams and the consortium
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations
- Track and review or generate contractual deliverables from the home office and from the field
- Manage electronic archiving of deliverables within internal and external reporting systems as required
- Train staff on branding and marketing requirements and ensure compliance with the approved plan during activity implementation
- Ensure project deliverables comply with USAID requirements, including Section 508
- Liaise with GHSC-PSM and GHSCO communications teams on project website activities and other knowledge management tasks between projects
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree related field required; master’s degree in communications, marketing, international development, or related field preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in communication, knowledge management, or a related field
- Ability to connect individual communications activities or products to higher-level strategies and goals.
- Ability to write story-driven content about complex technical subjects and projects that engages target audiences and enhances company’s image, with appropriate level of director supervision
- Sensitivity to diverse audiences and demonstrated good judgment about messaging
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, senior technical experts, and a wide variety of staff around the world
- Ability to work under deadline pressure with diverse teams and manage production schedules
- Working knowledge of uses and administration of popular social media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, especially MS PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year; experience living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Fluency in English and advanced proficiency in French required
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.