Integrated Programme for Northern Morocco: Tackling economic, social and security challenges in Northern Morocco through support for Morocco’s regionalisation programme (IPNM-TESS)
The purpose of IPNM-TESS is to support the implementation of Morocco’s regionalisation process in the northern region of Tanger-Tétouan and Al Hoceïma (TTAH), through the provision of technical assistance to its regional government bodies and civil society. It is structured around the following three key areas:
- strengthening the capacity of regional government bodies, primarily the TTAH Regional Council
- providing support to the regionalisation process, particularly on implementation and monitoring of the Plan de Developpement Regional (PDR)
- convening opportunities for more effective dialogue and collaborative working between regional stakeholders (government institutions, civil society, media, private sector and citizens).
IPNM-TESS is a two-year programme based in Tangiers and is funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO).
Scope of Work
The Communications Lead will deliver a high-quality communication strategy and activities, to ensure effective communication dissemination of the work, objectives and achievements of IPNM-TESS to all stakeholders, through a range of tools, including the internet, radio, printed press, and newsletters.
S/he will also be responsible for developing a communication framework and strategy to ensure that research activities undertaken by the programme can effectively be used to push forward the programme objectives, in full compliance with FCO policies and regulations, on-time, within budget, and with maximum impact.
- Identify and promote appropriate mechanisms and materials through which IPNM-TESS should disseminate research findings and knowledge to various stakeholders, and tailor these as required for various audiences
- Develop relevant communication tools in coordination with the TESS team
- Own and amend, when necessary, the communication strategy created in the inception phase
- Manage the day-to-day internal and external communications and marketing activities of the programme, including press statements and articles
- Maintain a strong brand for TESS, including impactful and fit-for-purpose publications, website, and social media
- Manage the monitoring of media and current affairs developments, across a wide range of media
- Build on existing, and develop new, relationships with the media, key decision makers, member organisations and others
- Provide advice to the Team Leader, other staff members, FCO and partners, on media engagement, deliverables, communications, and public outreach issues.
Knowledge Management Responsibilities
- Promote collaborative tools to facilitate knowledge sharing among internal teams and external partners
- Help monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing programme, including external benchmarking and evaluation programmes/opportunities
- Help disseminate information about the organisation’s knowledge sharing programme to internal and external audiences, including organising knowledge sharing events and the preparation of brochures/presentations.
Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) Strategic Communications Expert Co-ordination
- Work closely with the STTA Strategic Communications Expert to identify stakeholders of particular importance and specific methods of engagement for these parties
- Develop a framework and relevant tools and mechanism to monitor the effectiveness of TESS’s various communication channels and the impact of its research on government policy and regulations.
- Degree in communication studies, media or other relevant subject
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in fields related to communication and outreach
- Excellent oral and written French and English
- Oral and written Arabic and Moroccan Arabic
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to develop effective partnerships
- Demonstrable ability to write clearly and concisely, work well under pressure and to handle concurrent projects, including organising media coverage, technical workshops, briefings and interviews
- Experience of donor-funded projects and evidence of successfully delivering measurable outcomes
- Excellent organisational, communication, analytical and document drafting skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the media and communication environment in Northern Morocco
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships, with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience with web-based information and discussion systems
- Demonstrable ability to update websites, manage social media and cater to diverse stakeholder information needs
- Networking skills.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.