HJFMRI is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position below. Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to: email@example.com
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birth place, or tribal and/or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment.” Hand delivery applications will not be accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is April 29th, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed in the job description below will not be considered.
Position: Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Dar es Salaam, with frequent travel
Contract: 1 year, with option to renew
HJFMRI-TZ seeks to hire a self-motivated and talented Communications Manager to lead our Communications efforts. In this position, the incumbent will be in charge of producing high-quality content that engages the community and builds brand recognition. Main duties will also include creating informative content, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share the organization’s brand, ideas, and services. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with brilliant presentation and organizational skills and be responsible for conveying all HJFMRI-TZ internal and external messages. S/he will draft written materials for print and social media, prepare presentations, and draft communication materials for employees. As such, the incumbent should possess excellent speaking and writing skills and must be proficient in interpersonal skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build loyalty programs, brand awareness, and client satisfaction.
- Prepare detailed media activity reports.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all marketing and online materials.
- Work with different marketing departments to generate new ideas and strategies.
- Supervise all communications and external-facing projects to guarantee all content is publication-ready and submitted by the deadline.
- Create and send out press releases for new success stories and services
- Create communication and marketing strategies for new services, launches, events, and promotions.
- Responsible for planning, coordination, and execution of all high-level VIP interactions
- Responsible for editing and reviewing all proposals and applications for funding
- Lead the communications staff.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
The Communications Manager must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent ability to communicate in both English and Kiswahili
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize social media channels to deliver marketing content
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts to mixed audiences
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field.
- Strong work ethic
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) is an international non-governmental research organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention, care, and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands Zone, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands Zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma, and Songwe regions in the Zone.