Job Title: Communications Manager
Department/Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Communications Manager to oversee all project-related communications and dissemination of task order information products locally, regionally, and internationally. The purpose of the task order is to the USAID E3 Bureau to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning services to improve development outcomes.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assess and evaluate existing communications capacity and needs, including an analysis on existing communications strategies.
- Plan and operationalize a communications and dissemination strategy at international, regional, and national levels.
- Based on the needs assessment and project objectives, build capacities to deliver the communication strategy.
- Work with E3 and other partners to design new communications programs and identify new channels of dissemination for research and evaluation findings.
- Strengthen existing outreach and communication tools.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners and stakeholders at national and regional levels
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 7 years of experience in developing and implementing communications strategies and developing communications materials for international development projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain, and utilize relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct stakeholder analysis for communications materials.
- Skills in the development and implementation of a wide range of communication products.
- Demonstrated experience in new and emerging communication technologies.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s Degree in communications or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.