Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of the project’s communications strategy for GHSC-PSM Haiti.
- Set as needed internal and external communications standards, guidelines, processes and protocols.
- Coordinate the preparation, editing, and submission of quarterly reports and other contract deliverables to USAID.
- Assist with finalizing programmatic GHSC-PSM work plans, as needed.
- Develop press releases, feature articles, success stories, presentation materials, marketing materials, and extension materials in consultation with technical staff.
- Work with technical staff to develop, adapt and disseminate technical communication materials to USG supported sites.
- Monitor project activities to identify success stories; ensure they are captured, developed, edited, and distributed.
- Ensure all program deliverables, trainings, and technical reports comply with USAID branding guidelines and the programs approved Branding and Implementation Plan and Marking Plan.
- Provide support to the project leadership in maintaining effective communications with USAID, MOH, other partner organizations, and stakeholders, including timely response to requests for information.
- Ensure that all activities supporting MOH efforts toward SNADI, LMIS etc are well documented and shared with USAID, PSM HQ and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide strategic and programmatic advice on communications and knowledge exchange to project leadership to strengthen program design, work plans and implementation.
- Develop, manage, and implement advertising campaigns and public awareness campaigns, using print, audiovisual, and other media.
- Help define key audiences and messages appropriate for the local communities and consistent with project objectives.
- Oversee the management of the project’s photo and video library as well as the project’s institutional memory to ensure that information and materials are stored on SharePoint (the document management system) and are easy to access.
- Stay informed of all key issues in the Haitian health sector and of GHSC-PSM strategies and methods, programs and activities, results and achievements, and on best practices, lessons learned and success stories so that project communication is rich, diverse and well grounded.
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff
- Assist the Country Director with managing media relations.
- Perform additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Country Director or his/her designee.
- Advanced degree (Bachelor or Master’s) in communications, public health, journalism or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in a similar communications role, within international development organizations, USAID preferred.
- Experience working in international public health programs strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information for non-expert audiences.
- Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with communications strategy development and implementation.
- Excellent English and French fluency (oral and written) communication skills; proven diplomacy and public relations; proficiency in Creole preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of USAID reporting, branding, and marking requirements.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
The Communications Manager will report to the Country Director or his/her designee. The Manager will receive home office oversight by Panagora’s Technical Supervisor who is responsible for monitoring his/her performance under the terms of his/her employment agreement in which this position description will be incorporated. Annual performance reviews will be conducted by Panagora with significant input from GHSC-PSM Haiti team members.
Level of Effort and Location
This is a full-time, long-term position based in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.
About the Organization
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The Haiti country office will work under two of the project’s task orders (HIV/AIDS and Population and Reproductive Health) to provide commodities and supply chain technical assistance.
The Communications Manager will report directly to the Country Director, while assigned to the Haiti country office, and is responsible for the development and implementation of the communications strategy, editing and submission of reports, success stories, other communications-related documents, and compliance with USAID communications requirements for GHSC-PSM Haiti. The Manager is a member of a global network of knowledge management and communications (KMC) staff in more than 30 countries worldwide, and will receive support, coaching, templates, and tools from the headquarters (HQ) KMC team in Arlington, Virginia USA.
GHSC-PSM Haiti country office is led by Chemonics International; however, the Communications Manager will be an employee of Panagora Group, a subcontractor to Chemonics with lead responsibility for GHSC-PSM’s KMC activities.
This long-term position will be based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed. Local Haitian Nationals are encouraged to apply.