The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Area (ICARDA) needs your support to improve the visibility, efficiency, distribution and
impact of its research projects and their results, above all in global networks. Founded in 1977, the Center is part of the Global Agricultural Research Partnership (CGIAR) and its development-oriented agricultural research contributes to improving the living conditions of the rural population in arid regions. It is particularly important to ICARDA to focus communication more strongly on the development-related impacts of agricultural innovations on the employment opportunities for young people in rural regions. To this end, the relevant target groups such as commissioning parties, political decision-makers, young people and other partners need to be addressed in differentiated ways. With all its measures, ICARDA follows the principle of gender equality, which is fully taken into account in its communication as well.
Your tasks will involve:
- Creating professional communication materials including blogs, videos, social media contributions, press releases and reports with a special focus on commissioning parties, political decision-makers and strategic partners
- Providing communicative support for the consolidation and implementation of the DryArc Initiative
- Providing communicative guidance and advisory services for the youth and gender strategy
- Improving the communicative abilities of researchers by means of coaching and training measures
- Supporting the organisation of events and campaigns
- University degree with a focus on communications or media studies, journalism or a comparable qualification
- Several years of experience of working in strategic communication and creating information materials in various media, ideally in an (agricultural) scientific environment
- Demonstrable experience in working with digital and social media, developing websites and conducting communication campaigns
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent command of English that is also suited to the requirements of the media industry
- In addition, you have the citizenship of an EU member state
What we offer:
- A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
- The opportunity to work with other development cooperation organisations
- Professional preparatory measures for your assignment abroad
- Placement with a local employer as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend the contract
- Attractive monthly salary top-ups and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
Note: This is a current vacancy; there is no application deadline.
Country-specific information is available from a variety of sources, including the German Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/ReiseUndSicherheit and the country information portal www.liportal.de.
About the Organization
The Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner if you are looking for a responsible role that makes a difference in development. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe. You can put your knowledge and skills to use where they are particularly needed. CIM is jointly run by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH – www.giz.de/en/ – and the German Federal Employment Agency – www.arbeitsagentur.de/en/. It has been providing development and labour market policy expertise since 1980.