World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Communications Manager - SAFCER, Mozambique, you are strategically and operationally responsible for managing and coordinating the internal and external communications of emergency projects under the direct supervision and guidance of the Emergency Response Manager and in close coordination with the Regional Communications and Public Engagement team in Southern Africa. You will be responsible for defining strategies, collecting content (stories, photos and videos) to support fundraising and enabling the World Vision Partnership to effectively engage with its target audience, creating greater impact, influence and credibility at the same time protect and promote your reputation.
- Higher education in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Organizational Communication or related areas.
- Proven experience in the area of Communication in emergency situations.
- Excellent journalistic skills with technical skills in photography, videos and social media.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Journalism, Organizational Communications, or other related courses.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Communications.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in media and communications, journalism, and/or public relations in a multi-cultural, child-focused, non-profit/corporate, and/or humanitarian organization.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and Portuguese.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 20 SEP 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.