Support to Anti-Corruption Institutions (SACCI) Program,
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Communications Manager (CM) will provide technical leadership and manage SACCI communication activities in support of and across all project components. The CM will lead SACCI activities to build the communications and outreach capacity of Ukrainian counterpart institutions on the national, regional and local levels to develop and implement effective anticorruption communication strategies. The CM will also lead SACCI efforts to build capacity and skills of mass media outlets to responsibly report on corruption and anti-corruption and to engage citizens. This is a full-time position based in Kyiv.
- Lead the development and implementation of SACCI’s communication strategy and plan to promote anti-corruption values and publicizing anti-corruption tools and successes
- Identify key accomplishments and learning opportunities of SACCI activities and deliverables
- Highlight accomplishments and opportunities to increase the accessibility and utilization of project information
- Develop and manage the content of the SACCI website and social media presence (Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Provide technical leadership in supporting selected governmental institutions by building their communication capacity and skills
- Assist with the development and implementation of effective communication strategies
- Provide technical oversight of SACCI’s communication partners, subcontractors, grantees, and consultants contributing to SACCI’s communication objectives
- Lead and contribute to writing or production of project materials including reports, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, infographics, and success stories
- Facilitate the production of customized products such as data visualizations and infographics, videos, and other communication products related to project activities and anti-corruption reform
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting on achieved results and reached targets
- Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, innovation and support for diversity
- Provide technical support to short-term consultant missions in Ukraine
- Implement other relevant activities and tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field required
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience conducting strategic communications activities on the issues of public social and political concerns
- Experience working with governmental and civil society institutions in developing and implementing effective and innovative communication activities
- Demonstrated understanding of communicating the key public policy issues including anti-corruption to different audiences
- Experience developing and maintaining social media tools (Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Experience working with developing communication materials using computer graphic applications, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Piktochart, Prezi, etc.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization projects and familiarity with USAID communications policies is preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine
- Fluency in Ukrainian required
- Proficiency in English required
*Deadline for applying for this position – May 25, 2021*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.