The Philippine Youth Activity will work with the Government of the Philippines to support improved basic education and life skills for vulnerable youth. The project outcomes will include improved literacy, life and employability skills; strengthened local capacity to deliver education and training service delivery; and strengthened youth leadership and engagement.
The project will focus on engaging out-of-school youth (OSY) in workforce and community development activities, through provision of critical training and post-training support to OSYs such as civic engagement activities, entrepreneurship, and job placements. To provide demand-driven skills training and support the project will work closely with the Department of Education’s Alternative Learning Systems and the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority’s livelihood skills training. The key components include:
- Convening key stakeholders including local governments, academia, the private sector, and national government agencies to address out-of-school youth issues, in conjunction with Out-of-School Youth Development Alliances.
- Strengthen life skills of Out-of-School Youth and increase youth civic engagement.
- Certify Out-of-School Youth with nationally-recognized vocational credential, improving employment options.
- Engage highly-marginalized Out-of-School Youth sub-populations across gender, disability, and other issues related to equitable access.
The Communications Manager will determine the right messaging vehicles and content to address the project’s youth awareness and access to Alternative Learning Services (ALS) and community engagement objectives. S/he will work closely with local partners to build their capacity to develop and implement communications strategies that promote youth education and employment and that utilize popular social media engines. Working closely with the technical team and project leadership, the Communications Manager is responsible for proposing, planning and implementing both innovative and standard communications products in accordance with USAID and Cardno standards. The Communications Manager will report into the project DCOP.
- Lead the development and the implementation of the project’s communications strategy to promote peace, education and employment amongst Out of School Youth
- Determine innovative avenues for public dissemination of the project’s activities through publications, public education and information dissemination events, as well as through traditional media (television and radio) and social media outlets.
- Build capacity of local groups or companies in developing and implementing effective communication strategies to counter extremism messaging and disseminate information regarding available programming and engagement.
- Develop, measure, and report on the performance of outreach campaigns and platforms.
- Draft digital content (blogs, slides, checklists, tools, etc) in collaboration with subject matter experts
- Identify key accomplishments, learning opportunities, and findings to highlight through communications channels and products to increase the accessibility and utilization of project information. Organize and support workshops, trainings, and events based on findings and lessons learned to facilitate collaborative learning across project stakeholders,
- Ensure compliance with USAID branding guidelines
- - A minimum of ten (10) years progressively relevant experience at the national and/or international level in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, international relations, development or another relevant field.
- - Experience developing digital and social media strategies and campaigns
- - Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables.
- - Experience preparing reports for USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- - Demonstrated experience interacting with host county. governments, counterparts, and international donor agencies
- - Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- - Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- - Fluency in English.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.