Brief: MRLG seeks a proactive, experienced and technically savvy communications officer for a new position in the MRLG project team, to be based in Lao PDR, with regional travel missions.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Deputy Team Leader within the project Knowledge Management Unit and working closely with the Team Leader and Work Stream Coordination teams, the Communications Officer will be responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of the MRLG Phase 2 Communications including the following activities:
- Oversight of corporate and internal communications;
- Ensuring synergy and integration between Knowledge Management strategy and Communications Strategy;
- Advising on appropriate communication channels related to work stream development and implementation;
- Developing communication products based on knowledge products with a clear messaging well targeted to a specific audience, ensuring consistency in terms of quality and content;
- Organizing specific activities for the dissemination of communication and knowledge products;
- Managing documents on the website and project server based on quality management system;
- Ensuring an online presence of MRLG through MRLG website, Facebook and some moderation of MLIKE, including supervising maintenance of these web channels;
- Ensuring adherence to client and MRLG branding guidelines;
- Liaison with third parties and the media.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Master’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field. Or Bachelor’s Degree and additional two more years of work experience (7 in total).
- Experience: At least five years of similar work experience is required with experience of communication for civil society organisations, communication with government stakeholders, communicating on sensitive issues, and familiarity with rural development issues preferred.
- Skills: Candidate must speak and write fluently in English. Knowledge of any of the four CMLV country languages/dialects is desirable.
- Demonstrated and extensive digital media experience, including social media and website updating.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and adapt quickly to changing media landscapes.
- He/she should be able to work independently, with minimum supervision.
Anticipated Start date: September 2018
Contract duration: 1 year (Including probationary period of 3 months)
Location: MRLG Regional Office (co-located with Gret), Vientiane, Lao PDR
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter that demonstrates they meet the responsibilities and qualification requirements, a CV and at least 2 referees contact details. Submit your application with attention to John Meadows, email@example.com, no later than the 16th July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
About the Organization
The Mekong Region Land Governance Project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), with support from the Governments of Germany and Luxembourg, is jointly implemented by Land Equity International (LEI) and Professionals for Fair Development (Gret). The Project aims to improve land governance policy and practice, especially the tenure security of smallholder farmers and ethnic minorities in the Mekong Region by engaging strategically at a sub-national, national and regional level.