Communications Professional, Development Outreach and Communications Services for USAID/Kenya and East Africa, Kenya
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI’s Development Outreach and Communications Services project, based in Nairobi, Kenya, supports and strengthens the USAID/Kenya East Africa (KEA) Development Outreach and Communications (DOC) activities by providing the Mission with anecdotal, qualitative and quantitative evidence of the effects of its projects on the lives of individual beneficiaries in Kenya, East Africa, and Somalia. Content produced will be used across a range of media and to communicate with various target audiences.
The Communications Professional is responsible for the team’s overall achievement and quality assurance of deliverables. S/he works with the USAID DOC officer within the Strategic Planning and Analysis Office and leads MSI’s team of local and international communications specialists to implement develop communication and outreach strategies that raise awareness and understanding of USAID/KEA projects and more broadly aim to inspire positive attitudes toward U.S. Foreign Assistance. This is a five-year program with an anticipated start in September 2018.
The Communications Professional will lead the following activities:
- Communication strategy co-development and quarterly plan of action;
- Design and production of 2017 annual calendar highlighting topline results;
- Production of brochures, reports, fact sheets, PowerPoints;
- Production of bi-monthly e-bulletins;
- Communication coordination and training meetings with implementing partners;
- Social media content, toolkits and analytics;
- Media monitoring;
- Preparing for and covering events;
- Gathering content from projects;
- Blog, photographic and video content for USAID platforms;
- Monitoring and Evaluation; and
- Ad hoc requests as requested by USAID/KEA.
- Team and client-relationship management
- A Master’s Degree in Communications or a related field of study (or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with an additional 6 years of relevant experience)
- At least 4 years of related public relations, public outreach or Communications for Development experience.
- Demonstrated experience: producing written products such as articles, reports, fact sheets, proposals, speeches, success stories, press releases, web site content, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube content; planning and managing VIP and other site visits; coordinating press engagement.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and serving in a client-relationship managerial role.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite are required. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop are desired.
- Native-level English written and oral skills required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com