At World Vision, we’re changing children’s lives every day. “Our work moves beyond just providing clean water or food or healthcare to offering a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends - life in all its fullness. Share your experience so you can share a full life with children in need. View our ”Who We Are” clip (or at http://bit.ly/2eEoTAv).
As Communications Program Officer, you will work with a team of four other writers to produce donor-facing documents that support World Vision’s international programs. You will ensure these communication materials support the mission of World Vision and adhere to corporate messaging and branding standards in order to help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Playing this important role, you will:
- Research, write, edit, proofread, and execute documents for private and institutional donors that achieve the highest level of quality consistent with corporate identity, as well as brand message and industry standards. Written copy may include, but is not limited to, donor-facing proposals and reports, emergency relief situation updates, grant proposals and reports, and program overviews.
- Work efficiently with InDesign and other Adobe Creative Cloud tools—Lightroom or Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.—to produce communication pieces for use with US government, foundations, corporate donors, and peer organizations, achieving a level of design quality consistent with corporate identity.
- Actively participate in team meetings to develop concepts and propose solutions that meet client needs and exceed expectations.
- Consult with multiple staff to ensure clarity and consistency of final product.
- Provide conceptual and technical advice to outside vendors/freelancers, and review copy to ensure high quality final products that adhere to WV messaging and branding guidelines.
- Manage projects assigned by supervisor: adhering to deadlines and targeted messages, and ensuring that needed information is identified, meetings are scheduled, resources are gathered, deadlines are met, and colleagues are kept apprised of changes in project status.
- Keep apprised of global events, ministry trends, and partnership issues that affect project content.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and trends critical to fundraising writing techniques.
- Work collaboratively with team members.
- Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities, and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.