This position will primarily support USAID-funded activities in the South America Region and Amazon Regional Environment Program under EI’s Latin America and the Caribbean Environment Services Support Contract (LAC ESSC). Under this contract, EI provides a suite of services to support local engagement and evidence-based solutions to regional challenges in the energy and environmental sectors, including biodiversity conservation, water, combating conservation crime, compliance, natural resource management, and resilience (sustainable landscapes, climate risk management). Communications activities under this contract will enhance learning and collaboration among USAID partners and missions in the Amazon, and increase the sharing of lessons learned among USAID, regional governments, multilateral and bilateral donors, civil society, beneficiaries and other key stakeholders. It will ensure that USAID maximizes its information and knowledge assets, supports its partners and beneficiaries, and enhances its efforts to improve effectiveness and impact and become a recognized contributor to conservation efforts in the region.
Environmental Incentives is seeking to hire a Senior Associate for Communications to join our team working in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the LAC ESSC team. The successful candidate will manage a small team that will collaborate with USAID staff in the Latin America and Caribbean region to develop persuasive and effective communications products that inform donors and implementing organizations across the Amazon of successful projects, lessons learned, project outcomes, and highlighting the USAID’s technical leadership in supporting the biodiversity and the rights and livelihoods of indigenous peoples.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Team lead as they work with client teams to analyze audience awareness of challenges in the Amazon region
- Support the Team lead as they work with client teams to develop cohesive, adaptable communications strategies focused on clear and impactful messages
- Lead development and delivery of high-quality communications products aligned with the key messages outlined in the strategies
- Disseminate products through trusted communications channels that reach target audiences
- Develop robust knowledge management platforms to store and share information within the team, with the client, and with external audiences.
- Contribute to company-wide communications efforts and other projects, as needed
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative, and inspired professionals who can provide technical support in a growing practice while being flexible enough to fit into a strong culture. We differentiate carefully our minimum qualifications and preferred skills.
These qualifications are considered the minimum necessary and we expect successful candidates will bring more than the minimum listed.
- Degree in communications, journalism, organizational learning, education, international development, environmental science, or another related sector.
- 8 years’ experience in communications with work in international development
- U.S. Government contracting experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions
- Very strong writing and editing skills
- 12 years’ experience in communications with significant work in international development
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language written and spoken fluency
- USAID contracting experience
- Proven experience working well in a small team environment
- Familiarity with the fields of energy, environment, biodiversity, or conservation
- Experience working in and professional connections to countries in South America
The position will be based in Washington, DC. Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the position will begin remotely.
Environmental Incentives also offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous annual leave, holiday and sick time, retirement plan options, professional development opportunities and health coverage. Salaries depend on qualifications and location.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
Please submit your application no later than June 21, 2020. On a rolling basis throughout the application period, we will review applications and contact qualified candidates to request additional information. We will invite the top candidates to interview and may also request that they complete a short written or analytical skills assessment.
Environmental Incentives is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment for all employees, where diversity of thought, style, culture and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.