- Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- Remunerated under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF)
- Contract to April 2020 (Possible extension)
The Partnership Arrangement between the Government of Papua New Guinea (GoPNG) and the Government of Australia (GoA) for Improved Decentralisation and Service Delivery reflects the desire to cooperate on Papua New Guinea’s stated priority of improving service delivery, economic opportunity and development outcomes by strengthening the decentralisation system of government and enhancing engagement with citizens. The Decentralisation & Citizen Participation Partnership (DCPP) Arrangement states three broad objectives:
- Local solutions for local challenges- frontline service delivery and economic opportunity in the provinces and districts are improved.
- Papua New Guinea’s citizens engage and participate in the development of their communities.
- Papua New Guinea’s policies for decentralised service delivery are well developed and well understood.
Acknowledging the diversity of Papua New Guinea’s sub-national governments and local communities and the complex service delivery and development issues, ‘best fit’ local solutions are supported with delivery partners including local governments, communities, citizens, private sector and churches. This partnership is a priority under the broader auspices of the Government of Papua New Guinea – Government of Australia Partnership.
The Communications Specialist will deliver key communications products to drive public diplomacy and strategic stakeholder communications across the DCPP portfolio, and work with DCPP Communication for Development (C4D) Specialist and the broader Abt Management Services Communications Team to enhance collaboration and maximise impact of program implementation. The role may also provide support to key DCPP stakeholders at national and subnational levels to help build communication capacity and channels within the organisations as required.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Minimum of ten years’ practical experience in marketing, communications or a related field, preferably in a development setting;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic communications strategies and plans targeting multiple channels and audiences, preferably in the development context;
- Ability to create and manage the development, distribution and maintenance of external-facing print and electronic content, including website, social media, newsletters, brochures, press releases and strategic knowledge products.
For Further Information and Application Details
This role has been classified under the Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline B, Level 3. Further details in regards to this opportunity and associated remuneration can be found in the Information for Applicants available from the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website at:
Go to ‘Apply Now’, ‘Aus/UK Postings’ and by searching ‘By Country/ Region’ for Papua New Guinea, you will find this and all other roles currently being advertised for Abt Associates in PNG. Applications should be submitted online and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 3rd February (midnight AEST).
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.