At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing generous paid leave and a great 401k with up to 6% matching.
AMIDEAST’s Communications Department is responsible for print as well as digital outreach activities, from printed reports to social media and website content. We are seeking someone with strong social media and other communications skills and a passion for the MENA region to join our small team.
- Manage multiple accounts across all social media platforms
- Plan posts and ads strategically and create proposals for projects and clients
- Manage social media and paid campaigns
- Updating and developing new website content
- Assisting in drafting written reports and materials for publication
- Maintaining our outreach database
- Researching topics related to Middle East education, social, and economic trends
- Read and write Modern Standard Arabic fluently
- Experience in social media/marketing and analytics
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and/or AP Stylebook
- An eye for graphics and ability to use Photoshop, InDesign, video editing software
- Demonstrated interest in the Middle East and North Africa region
- Experience with Drupal site administration
- Experience w/ Hootsuite, Facebook ad campaigns, social media metrics, Google AdWords
- Familiarity w/ HTML+CSS, PHP
- French language skills
AMIDEAST is Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
About the Organization
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program. While these important programs continue apace, our work has expanded significantly.
Today AMIDEAST programs and services touch the lives of half a million individuals a year – improving educational opportunities and quality, strengthening local institutions, and developing language and professional skills critical for success in the global economy.