The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3) has contracted through ZemiTek to recruit and hire a qualified Communications Specialist who can perform the following duties:
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 10 years related experience. Experience with video and digital production is a plus. Secret level clearance required to perform duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops communications strategies, manages assigned Bureau actions, and manages the flow of written and visual/social media communications.
• Liaisons closely with technical offices to design and implement strategies for appropriate
communications products (written, visual, and social media) in order to achieve the Agency’s
• Monitors and communicates USAID programs and activities of legislative and external
• Utilizes a wide suite of outreach tools to support E3 communications activities and efforts and
across all sectors of the bureau.
• Develops and participates in USAID/Washington and field seminars and workshops related to the sectors covered to promote the spread of information, including the sharing of best practices
aimed at facilitating broader scale and replication of the Agency’s successes.
• Edits reports to Congress, drafts speeches, talking points, and other statements for use by senior
• Develops articles, brochures, press kits, videos, social media tools, etc., with an understanding of how these materials affect public perceptions and understanding of USAID programs.
For consideration, applicants should submit both resume and cover letter.
About the Organization
ZemiTek, LLC is a Woman-Owned, SBA-certified 8(a) Small Disadvantage Business (SDB) based in the Washington, DC metro area. We have a strong record delivering innovative and high-quality solutions. Since 2007, ZemiTek has provided technical assistance, project management, information technology (IT), knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, training and learning development, and institutional support services.