The Marketing and Communications Department is responsible for implementing and evaluating the success of CMMB’s marketing, communications (external and internal) and brand efforts nationally and in each geographic location to ensure that CMMB is recognized nationally and internationally to generate and optimize revenue and develop and market programs that achieve the CMMB vision and strategic plan.
The Communications Specialist is an integral part of the Marketing and Communications team and will be responsible for managing CMMB’s website maintenance and continuous expansion our public facing websites and other digital media products. The position holder will manage project-based communications efforts and oversees all contents on the CMMB website supporting the achievement of our strategic goals. The Communications Specialist will manage the functionality of the website, evaluate website performance, develop, maintain and update website content and manage relationships with website vendors.
Additionally, the position is responsible for communications support, including writing and developing content that supports the various program area in the organization. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for providing content that are engaging informative and visually appealing to be distributed across all digital and social media channel. This is highly collaborative role requiring working across diverse marketing, fundraising, program and operations teams.
- Manage content and CMMB’s brand on the Website and across all digital and social media platforms.
- Continuously monitor and maintain website display and performance
- Work with UX / UI design team to develop optimal experience specifications and translate that work into reusable, functional component specifications for our web or digital products.
- Collaborate with marketing, fundraising and communications teams to develop the design of and lead the execution of new features.
- Identify and troubleshoot website issues
- Conduct content audits to eliminate duplicate information
- Ensure all website functionality and links are operational and accurate
- Create strategies to increase website metrics
- Monitor peer organization websites, identify and apply best practices
- Manage relationships with vendors and technology partners.
- Optimize content for SEO
- Analyze and monitor site (engagement or usage) to identify areas that can be improved and optimized
- Identify keywords and strategically place them within content to drive traffic to the site
Writing and Publications
- Strategically utilize website, blog and social media to increase levels of engagement with the organization, grow its base of supporters and provide public education about CMMB’s mission.
- Collaborate with the communications team in writing and editing of communication products for external audiences, including donor reports, volunteer reports, partnership reports, needs and impact stories, blogpost, and others as needed.
- Ensure that all materials adhere to the voice, branding and marketing requirements.
- Manage the distribution of publications materials through the different channels and audiences and maintain physical and electronic archives for all previously published publications.
- Note: These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
Requires Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- BA in English, Journalism, Communications, PR or Web Design
- 3-5 years of well-rounded professional experience in communications out of which 2-3 years in website design and management.
- Passion for CMMB’s mission, vision and core values: collaboration love, excellence and respect.
- Proven experience in writing, editing, and utilization of web management and content tools such as WordPress.
- Proficient in HTML coding, HTML tags, Google search/analytics
- Experience, understanding and use of Content Management Systems
- Strong attention to detail, project management, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Strategic skills and the ability to translate these skills into flawless operational plans, ensuring we have a competitive advantage and take advantage of best practices.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Must be comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
Demonstrate CMMB’s core values in action:
Collaboration: To work in partnership for locally sustainable solutions
Love: To embrace and be compassionate towards all people
Excellence: To deliver sustainable, quality, and impactful results
Respect: To act always with integrity, and to value and honor the dignity of all
How to apply
Visit our careers page for more information, and click here to apply.
About the Organization
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, our President and CEO
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized. Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all is at the core of who we are. We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who want to add their energy to our work, and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer.
This position is critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining a diverse, talented, professional and motivated team.