Tetra Tech, a leader in consulting, engineering, environmental science and technical services worldwide has a challenging and immediate opportunity for a highly motivated professional in our growing Pro-telligent business unit. We are a diverse company, embracing talented individuals with expertise in project management, subject matter, global health, engineering, construction, safety, security and information technology.
In preparation of a bid to support polio eradication activities and vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs) such as measles in support of the goal set by the World Health Organization and the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of worldwide eradication of the polio virus, Rumph and Associates, P.C. Tetra Tech Inc. (Protelligent, Llc a Tetra Tech company) is seeking qualified applicants to participate in eradication assignments working as Communications Specialists. These participants will be deployed, to mainly Afghanistan and or Pakistan (or can be resident in country)countries requiring technical assistance in communication and social mobilization for supplementary immunization activities, surveillance, and routine immunization services.
The Communications Specialists will help “close the gap” between health services and unimmunized children by supporting efforts to generate community demand for immunization services and increase the quality of communication activities where caregivers meet vaccinators.
The Communications Specialists will be assigned to work with in-country counterparts on activities that may include the following:
- Providing technical expertise in conducting community engagement and social mobilization activities to support polio eradication, measles/rubella elimination, and other VPD control efforts
- Using communication methodologies to help increase the demand for and acceptance of childhood immunization
- Building capacity of Ministry of Health staff in health communications for surveillance and immunization
- Supporting the national government and local partners in advocacy for vaccination, as well as the development, implementation, management, and monitoring and evaluation of communications plans for the national Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) program
- Supporting crisis communication for outbreak response and other emergencies
Experienced public health professionals with extensive experience working in health communication, Communication for Development (C4D), and social mobilization. To qualify, candidates must have:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience or a relevant advanced degree plus 3 years working in the field of public health communications, specifically in:
- Developing and executing strategic communication and behavioral interventions for maternal and child health at district, regional, or national levels; experience in communication for polio eradication, measles elimination, routine immunization, and outbreak response strongly preferred
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring/evaluating communications plans and interventions
- Engaging community leaders, stakeholders, and advocates for social support of behavior change for health
- Training others in health communication approaches, supportive supervision, and mentoring
- Strong oral and written communication skills with fluency in Arabic, Pashtu, Urdu, or other regional language, and English.
- Previous experience with media content development, ( such as photography or videography,) or development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials is desired
- Previous experience working or studying internationally is desired
Communications participants need to be extremely motivated and flexible individuals who can work well independently and on teams, under challenging, austere conditions, and with people of different cultures.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer a competitive full range compensation package including; company subsidized medical, vision, dental and prescription coverage; company paid life insurance and long-term disability; 401 (k); employee stock purchase plan and so much more!
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration submit your resume to http://www.tetratech.com/. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at http://www.tetratech.com/ to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: 703-414-5593.