Abt Associates seeks a qualified Communications Specialist to contribute to our International Development Division’s (IDD) external communications strategy—health, including food security/agriculture, governance, climate resilience, and trade. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for supporting communications strategies and activities for both the division and select projects through messaging, events, writing, images and social media.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports external communications strategies for IDD and its projects.
- Develops, designs, and updates communications materials, including stories, websites, press releases, brochures, videos and social messaging.
- Improves presentations, reports, and other documents through design, photography, editing, and formatting.
- Liaises with Strategic Communications and other divisions to promote IDD project developments and updates via Abt’s website, social media tools, conferences, and publications.
- Follows external events that correspond to IDD practice areas and business development initiatives and tracks IDD attendance and event takeaways to promote divisional intelligence-sharing.
- Supports IDD business development processes through proposal research, writing, management or other tasks as needed.
- Serves as point person for social media assistance and training.
- Manages production of the quarterly IDD e-newsletter.
- Respond to requests for division and project information and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently, and pay close attention to detail
- Experience in social media management, especially Twitter and Facebook
- Experience coordinating events (seminars and conferences)
- Experience with website management and/or content management systems, such as Wordpress
- Experience organizing internal and external webinars/online events
- Experience with newsletter creation (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or similar)
- Strong MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel experience
- Experience in international development preferred
- Graphic design skills preferred
- Foreign language skills (French/Portuguese/Spanish) preferred
- Knowledge of USAID programs, branding, and communications style a plus
- BA (2 – 4) years of experience OR MA/MBA (Entry Level) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.