Dexis is seeking an experienced Communications Specialist for an anticipated five (5) year USAID funded Feed the Future Knowledge, Data, Learning, and Training (KDLT) Activity that will provide the USAID Bureau for Food Security (BFS), Feed the Future Missions, interagency partners, and implementing partners with concrete support and tools to capture, share, and access knowledge that helps improve the effectiveness of Feed the Future programs, leading to improved nutrition and reduced poverty in Feed the Future focus countries.
KDLT will serve as a specialized, responsive, and well-integrated mechanism to increase BFS’ capacity for, and quality of knowledge-sharing, data management and analysis, organizational learning, and training, in support of adaptive management of Feed the Future, in alignment with the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS).
This is a long-term position expected to start in September 2018. The position is contingent upon award.
- Contribute to increased awareness and utilization of evidence and lessons learned from Feed the Future and related programming to inform decision-making.
- Develop background documents, and toolkits to support client communication activities – including social media toolkits for USAID missions, talking points, and promotional messages.
- Design, produce, and disseminate fact sheets, project overviews, topic summaries, weekly newsletters and develop case and success stories.
- Create and edit blog posts, PowerPoint presentations, video scripts, and web pages.
- Develop training materials, how-to documents.
- Work with technical experts and other staff to write, edit, and prepare content for various media including printed reports, web pages, web articles, digital stories, webinars etc.
- Support BFS, USAID Missions, and each other to share information and coordinate strategic messaging and communications campaigns;
- International travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (communications, journalism, media, international development, etc.); Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with USAID or USAID-funded activities is highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of communications experience, at least 3 of which were in international development.
- Demonstrated success in developing content for print and online marketing collateral.
- Understanding of, and experience with leading community engagement, both online and in-person.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Storify and YouTube.
- Experience editing and writing on international development issues; a deep understanding of USAID processes and Feed the Future and/or international food security issues highly desired.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly; working in a USAID or other government agency environment a plus.
- Experience working with Drupal, Adobe Connect, and Survey Gizmo a big plus.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.