ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Communications Specialist for an anticipated Conservation Works Activity (CWA) in Liberia funded by USAID. Liberia CWA will conserve threatened and endangered species by strengthening protected areas and improving economic conditions around them. The Activity is anticipated to start in 2021.
The Communications Specialist will work closely with technical leads and the cross-cutting team to design and lead the implementation of the communication and outreach strategy. This position will be based in Monrovia, Liberia.
- Develop and lead detailed work plan for implementation of the Liberia CWA Communication and Outreach Strategy
- Work with staff and partners to develop content and messages for website and other media
- Train field staff on the use of media for message delivery
- Analyze and compile lessons learned as the basis for creating communications messages
- Identify advocacy strategies and develop appropriate mediums for advocacy messages
- Develop media campaigns
- Support grantees in developing appropriate outreach messages for communities and other forestry stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications or relevant technical area.
- At least five (5) years of experience in communications, preferably in Liberia.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including private sector, financial institutions, government officials, project staff, and/or donor agencies.
- USAID experience is preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Liberian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to AVLiberia@joinav.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.