Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program,
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
The Communications Specialist (CS) will support SACCI to build the communications and outreach capacity of Ukrainian counterpart institutions on the national, regional and local levels to develop and implement effective anticorruption communication strategies. CS will be responsible for the media promotion of SACCI activities and will work with partners/vendors to ensure the compliance of media materials with USAID regulations. CS will contribute to the SACCI program activities planning, design and reporting. CS will report to the Communications Team Lead (CTL) with the ultimate supervision of Chief of Party.
· Develop and implement anticorruption communications activities
· Build capacity and skills of SACCI counterparts and beneficiaries in the government, civil society and the mass media in developing and implementing effective public communication activities
· Support CTL in managing SACCI partner organizations, grantees, service providers and consultants in implementing activities towards reaching SACCI project objectives and targets
· Participate in writing, production, or editing of project materials including reports, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, and success stories related to project activities and accomplishments
· Facilitate the production or development of customized products such as data visualizations and infographics, videos, and other communication products related to project activities and anti-corruption reform
· Organize and support workshops, trainings, and events based on findings and lessons learned for stakeholders, in order to facilitate collaborative learning
· Develop terms of reference for communications products made by external contractors
· Contribute to monitoring and reporting on achieved results and reached targets
· Check communications products of SACCI and SACCI partners for compliance with USAID, MSI, and USAID SACCI branding and marking policy
· Collaborate with the SACCI team on achieving results and reaching targets
· Other duties as assigned
· A bachelor’s degree or higher in a in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field required
· A minimum least three years of relevant experience conducting strategic communications activities on the issues of public social and political concerns
· Experience working with governmental and civil society institutions in developing and implementing effective and innovative communication activities desired, but not obligatory
· Demonstrated understanding of communicating the key public policy issues including anti-corruption to different audiences
· Experience in developing and conducting large scale communications campaigns preferred
· Experience working with developing communication materials using computer graphic applications, for example: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Piktochart, Prezi, etc desired
· Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization projects and familiarity with USAID communications policies is an asset
· Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter
· Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine
· Strong communications skills – both oral and written
· Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
*Deadline for applying for this position – August 14,2020*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.