Dexis is seeking a senior-level Communications Specialist to provide support to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in re-branding of the Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA) and the Asia Bureau merger. OAPA was established to support USAID programs in Afghanistan and Pakistan and to represent USAID in inter-agency committees, to the public, in Congress, and to other governments and partners. Dexis provides management, technical, and administrative services to OAPA. The work location for this position will be in Washington, D.C. This is a full-time position to start as soon as possible, with a timeframe of twelve (12) to eighteen (18) months.
The Communications Specialist will facilitate the development of a re-branding campaign to include USAID’s Asia Bureau and OAPA by developing a consultation process and facilitating initial consultations with key stakeholders across the agency. The Communications Specialist will deliver innovative strategic communications plans and re-branding for internal and external USAID audiences. Additional tasks may include marketing, events, public relations, communications, and knowledge management. Other responsibilities include:
- Leading the development and implementation of communications strategies targeting the Asia Bureau and the OAPA staff to increase knowledge and adoption of the new combined Bureau.
- Work with the Change Management Specialist in conducting baseline assessments on knowledge, perceptions, and behavior of staff toward new combined Bureau to inform change management strategies.
- Producing marketing collateral such as fact sheets, informational brochures, case studies, how-to documents, training materials, videos, electronic and print brochures, PowerPoint presentations, and posters.
- Coordinating the development, execution, refinement, and measuring the impact of Asia Bureau and OAPA outreach, communications, and knowledge management strategies.
- Supporting in general agency/bureau communications tasks (e.g.: briefers, internal presentations, etc.).
- Reviewing and copy editing of reports, correspondence, and other materials.
- MA in relevant field and minimum of 6 years leading and managing large projects or BA in relevant field and minimum of 8 years leading and managing large projects.
- At least 8-10 years leading and managing large projects preferred.
- Experience with various forms of visual media, branding, marketing, and/or other related areas.
- Experience in relevant communications software such as Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or web development.
- Proficiency in video development, distribution list/newsletter software, and/or social media management.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications, teamwork, and time and portfolio management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, political work environment.
- Familiarity with USAID preferred but not required.
- Secret Security Clearance required.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.