Job DescriptionCommunications – Sr. Program Analyst, Washington, D.C.
MSI is seeking a Sr. Program Analyst, with a focus on communications, who will provide technical support to USAID’s Communications Team. The incumbent will perform and lead specialized tasks within the Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning (PPL), specifically in the design, writing, production, and editing of Bureau-wide, Agency and public communications products. Responsibilities include website content production, writing talking points and public documents, and utilizing social media to enhance awareness among targeted audiences. The incumbent may serve as the lead on high-priority products for use within and outside the Agency and lead ad hoc teams when necessary.
The PPL Communications Team is located in PPL’s Front Office that reports directly to PPL Senior Leadership. The Senior Program Analyst will coordinate with the Communications Team Lead on day-to-day priorities. It is a small team that requires all members to work on all aspects of team priorities to fulfill team objectives.
**Please note: Only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position**
- Identify, design, and produce communications products that support PPL and Agency objectives.
- Conceptualize, research, write and edit factsheets, talking points, speeches, newsletters, and other documents in support of PPL communications strategy and messaging.
- Work with USAID’s Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA), when necessary, on content development.
- Contribute to content on PPL’s external and internal website pages in collaboration with PPL communications and office staff.
- Provide substantive writing and copying editing on a host of documents including congressional reports, strategy documents, congressional and press inquiries, and memoranda.
- Coordinate timely submissions to USAID/PPL publications and newsletter, including Leading for Impact, the Front Page, Medium Blog, and others.
- Provide input and proactive suggestions to enhance Bureau strategic communications.
- Assist the development and execution of a new PPL Communications Strategy.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Secret clearance.
- Master’s degree in relevant field with 5 years of work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of work experience.
- Excellent professional writing and editing skills.
- Proven experience in developing and advising on communications strategies, including messaging to specific audiences.
- Proven experience in managing and designing publications, reports, and promotional materials, including infographics.
- Experience managing meetings and events, including webinars, from planning to implementation phase, especially in the DC area. Experience with large events involving various stakeholders and high level meetings.
- Experience in working with the media.
- Knowledge of and experience with the think tank, development partners, and academic communities.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team.
- Willingness to work on all aspects of team priorities.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including copy editing experience.
- Ability to design and produce high-quality products and documents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience developing and posting website content and posting social media content.
- Knowledge of graphic design software, including PhotoShop.
- Knowledge of international development issues; knowledge of the organization and operations of USAID is a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.