The Communications Team Lead will manage and support USAID with broadly marketing, promoting, and raising internal and public awareness of the products and services outlined in ADVISE. The Communication Team Leadwill facilitate the creation and maintenance of communication plans, ensure a consistent branding across the products and services offered by ADVISE, and oversee general activities related to marketing and raising awareness.
The Communications Team Lead will lead the development of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for ADVISE. This will include leading the development of marketing materials, social media accounts, outreach strategies to increase the visibility of ADVISE. This position will be expected to maintain a strong understanding of USAID mission, vision and values to build awareness around ADVISE’s capabilities. The candidate should have interest and experience in international development, socioeconomic data, and foreign policy issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, implement, and lead marketing and communications strategy for ADVISE.
- Manage the content for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and maintain a consistent social media strategy to maintain ongoing visibility.
- Lead the organization of events such as hackathons, crowd sourcing, design thinking, and round tables to market and raise awareness to USAID staff.
- Develop strategies related to visual design and web development, brand development, promotion, and engagement.
- Support and engage with virtual communities and communities of practice to support, raise awareness around, and advocate for high quality data management, data sharing, and utilization of ADVISE products to improve international development outcomes.
- Work with teams of data managers and digital curators to build bridges from producers of digital information and objects to the current and future users of this information.
- Manage the production of marketing materials including but not limited to brochures, one-pagers, presentations, flyers, banners, regular newsletters, factsheets, stories, and other graphics.
- Represent ADVISE, as needed, at seminars, conferences, meetings, and professional events
- Education: Minimum of a BA/BS in Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, or a similar field from an accredited college or university required; MA preferred, but not required.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field. Experience leading teams preferred.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of and interest in the international development and relations fields; must have an understanding of USG (particularly USAID) communications and marketing procedures.
- Skills: Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Experienced in social media management and engagement tools such as Hootsuite. Excellent writing and communications skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals; Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.